What is a Professional Organizing Consultant?
A professional organizing consultant is an individual
who creates customized solutions to increase the efficiency of any home, office
or individual based on their specific needs. They are experts in enhancing people's
lives. Professional organizing consultants design specific systems to
suit their clients, teach them organizing skills and help people and businesses
take control of the environment they live in, maximize their time and resources
and finding a balanced fulfilling life.
Professional organizing consultants are generally self-employed, and may subcontract
or employ other professional organizers. Find out what you need from a professional organizing consultant.
Professional Organizing Consultant Services
Services that an organizing consultant may offer can range from designing a
space efficient closet to coordinating a cross-country move. For residential
clients, a professional organizing consultant might offer room-by-room space
redesign and reorganization, estate organization, improved systems for managing
paperwork and computer files, ways to manage personal finances and other records,
and/or coaching in time-management and goal-setting to achieve a more fulfilling
and rewarding life.
In business settings, an organizing consultant assists in increasing productivity and profitability with improvements in paper-filing and storage, electronic organizing, work-flow systems, employee time-management, space design, and more.
Professional organizing consultants may be specialized to work with specific
populations, such as those with Attention Deficit Disorder, the chronically
disorganized "packrats", children, seniors or students
In summary services a professional organizing consultant may include:
- Time management, goal setting, and personal inventory process life management.
- Residential organizing including closet design and reorganization, space planning, purging, and organizing of garages, attics, and basements, errands and personal shopping, storage solutions, repairs and maintenance, decorating, renovations, interior design, organizing of collections, memorabilia, and photographs, kitchens, bathrooms, bedrooms, family rooms, garage sales, gifting, and house staging in preparation for a sale.
- Event/meeting planning and co-ordination.
- Computer software and consulting, including support, set-up, and design of systems.
- Public speaking, seminars and workshops, education and training.
- Human resources support/consulting, including assessments, job descriptions, new-hire orientation kits, employee manuals, policy and procedure manuals, training manuals, performance reviews, corporate values, and general organization of staff.
- Office organizing including needs analysis and action plans, purging, de-cluttering and organizing, filing systems, paper management, purchasing of office supplies and equipment, space planning, processes and paper/work flow, information and records management, storage areas, and moving/relocations.
Determining What you Need from a Professional Organizing Consultant
To get the most return on your investment and make the most of your time with
your professional organizing consultant, it pays to know exactly what you need
For example, you may be overwhelmed with a messy garage that you can barely walk through. You have boxes piled high and everywhere and you would really like to use your garage as it was intended for: to park your car. Do you need help sorting through the boxes? Do you need expert advice on how and where to store the belongings you want to keep? Do you know where you want to put things? Do you know what to do with the items that you want get rid of?
Perhaps you decide you need someone to help you with the sorting and purging.
Do you want them to help you through the entire task, or do you just want someone
to get you started with the process? Are you willing to do "homework"
if it is assigned to you? After you've have figured out your needs, write them
down. This will help you when you start interviewing prospective professional
Learn more about what organizing services
can do for you and what to expect.
Inquire to find a professional organizer
in your area.